- NICK REED, JR
- LISA MOORE
- NICHOLAS RYAN
- LAFAYETTE RHOADS
Nick Reed is the CEO for NRJ Partners, with over 30 years of experience in the operations, promotion and management fields.
After attending the University of Pittsburgh, Nick co-created R&R Productions which specialized in gospel concert promotions. As opportunities in the entertainment industry increased, the focus turned to comedy and “Comedy Express, Inc.” was formed in 1985. Comedy Express produced and promoted “Philly’s First Young Comedians Special” at Community College of Philadelphia for The Prism Network (now NBC/Comcast Network). Comedy Express also wrote and appeared in skits for BET. Nick promoted a benefit for the United Negro College Fund called “Comedy Fest ’89”. This led to a second television special entitled “Drugs Overboard “benefiting the Anti-Drug/Anti-Violence Network for the City of Philadelphia.
Nick has promoted and produced “Schlitz Malt Liquor’s Comedy Express Tour” featuring Chris Rock, “Charlie Mack’s Party 4 Peace Celebrity Weekend "and “Charlie Mack Celebrity Basketball Games” featuring DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince, Boyz II Men, Run DMC, New Kids on the Block, Boxing Champion Tommy Hearns, Public Enemy, and more. Additional productions include the first Black College Tour with HBO’s Def Comedy Jam and a national tour with Cameo, The Gap Band and the late Teena Marie. From 2004 through 2009 produced The Charlie Mack events attracted stars such as Will and Jada Smith, Mary J. Blige, Kevin Hart, Chris Tucker, Tyrese Gibson, John Legend, Queen Latifah, Terrance Howard, Megan Good, Gabrielle Union and others. Recently Nick has managed and produced gospel events in Philadelphia which featured stars such as Fred Hammond, Yolanda Adams, Hezekiah Walker, James Fortune, The Clark Sisters, Tye Tribbett, Isaac Carree, Donnie McClurkin and more.
- As Director of Operations established JDL Companies and revenue partner Dave & Buster’s into a $12.8 million dollar tandem in first year of agreement with operations of exclusive celebrity games around the country and Canada.
- Recruited personnel and trained over 240 candidates in 16 different cities that directly attributed to Arena Basketball League (Mall Ball brand) to trending revenue of over $7 million annually.
- Through the creation of various sponsorship packages between 2004 – 2009, raised approximately $4,233,000 from corporate sponsors such as Will & Jada Smith Family Foundation, Ford Foundation, Lincoln-Mercury, Nike, Adidas, AmeriHealth, Diageo, Beneficial Bank, Kraft Foods, Exelon Corporation, Pepsi, Universal Companies, and Laborers District Council.
- Produced many charitable events for organizations such as Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation, Keystone Mercy Healthplan, BABASHI, PECO, Philadelphia FIGHT, Gift of Life, Charlie Mack Cares Foundation, Andre Iguodala Youth Foundation, New Leash on Life-USA, UNCF and more.
Mr. Reed will manage day to day business operations. Manages all activities related to operations and development of company by performing duties personally or through business associates or partners. Develops and implements organizational policy to include growth strategy and integration with new initiatives and goals.
- Directs and coordinates staff activities necessary to support various events and activities;
- Works directly with Production Manager
- Responsible for creation of all credentials, banners, signage, etc.
- Consults with managers, promoters, convention representatives, and others concerning physical set-up needs and requirements for assigned areas;
- Inspects facilities to ensure they are being maintained properly for events;
- Monitors event staff and service contractor operations in the facilities for contract compliance;
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide best results.
Research market to identify event opportunities. Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short term and long range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action.
- Works directly with Public Relations
- Implementing advertising directives.
- Select the appropriate radio stations, cable networks, E-marketing platforms, and grass roots campaigns commisurate with event type.
- Maintains research database by identifying and assembling marketing information.
- Manages communication between stakeholders to ensure project/event success.
- Marketing strategy, strategic planning, and resource allocation to ensure deliverables within target dates. Developing and delivering marketing and communication strategies for the company.
- Works closely with Production Manager and Events Managers
- On site for load in, sound check, show call, and load out
- Has ability to change production schedule with Production Managers approval
- Responsible for posting all production schedules at venue
- Responsible for all activity on stage or in stage area
- Responsible for communicating with Transportation Coordinator to ensure scheduled arrival of special guests, celebrities or artists.
- Works closely with artist stage manager
- Works closely with venue production manager
- Works closely with sound engineer, lighting director, and video coordinator